Black Crayon

Black Crayon

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Maxwell - Bad Habits



According to Maxwell:-


This number is about being addicted to a girl, who you know is not good for you. But it feels so good that it surely can't be wrong. It's the paradox, the dichotomy that propels me. I love the polar-opposite things. We live that every day. The double standards. We have that in our lives every day. One thing's good for one but not good for the other. Those are the things that inspire me and the records. At the same time, I don't like to tell people what it all means. I want you to find your own meaning in what I do. It makes it more special to me when I know that. For the many letters I've gotten, people telling me, 'Your song was at my wedding.' It doesn't matter what I thought at the point [of writing the song]. At that point, your bride was walking down the aisle, and I was singing. That, to me, is like, 'Wow.' 


If you ask me, it sounds like he's been with a girl and felt bad about staying with her because he knows she'd not right for him, but is having a good time. Sounds like he's asking for her forgiveness when he finally tells her he's just been stringing her along and wasting her time.


Makes you think...


Black Crayon

No comments:

Post a Comment